Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Blasphemy

A week without internet. I don’t know how we lived prior to the 90’s because I am dying. Ok, that might be a bit of an over statement. But I’m sure you understand. We were previously “sharing” internet with one of out neighbors who was gracious enough to leave their internet unlocked. Unfortunately, on Thursday night, they got hip and locked it up.

I will assure you that I have not been slacking on the blogging front. However, instead of bombarding you with four late outfit/movie posts, I’m giving you one of each. My belated Film Friday post will be up momentarily. Now, for what I have been up to while I’ve been away.

Sunday:

IMG_3109-2

IMG_3111-2

Outfit Details:

Tank Top- OP for Walmart

Skirt- handmade

Sunglasses- Walmart

 

Something has to be said for all of these major clothing labels doing lines for department and chain stores. They are usually amazing. Not that we don’t all already know this. But even a company that I haven’t been interested in since fifth grade caught my interest again once they opened up to a chain. Given, most of the items were not quite my style. But if I can pick up one good item. I consider that a success. This skirt, I made out of left over fabric from a dress that I made a little while back. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that loose knits are horrible for bottoms. Especially when you have cats and purses with zippers.

 

As promised, Sean’s birthday/ Monday:

IMG_3115-2

IMG_3114-2

IMG_3116-2

IMG_3117-2

Outfit Details:

Dress- Tulle

Shoes- Target

Happy Birthday Hat- Target

 

We had a great time on is birthday. He had to work late, and I sat around all day waiting for him to get of. Pissed that he was working on his birthday. When he got home, we got some cake, had some dinner, and opened presents. He didn’t get his real presents till our stuff came two days later, so he opened a slinky, a toy microphone, dinosaurs, bubbles, and other fun kids toys. We basically are 10 year olds in adult bodies, it’s pretty great.

 

Tuesday:

IMG_3122-2

IMG_3124-2

Outfit Details:

Dress- Tulle

Shoes- Cynthia Vincent for Target

Belt- little league

 

This dress and the previous green one are made by Tulle. An amazing company that makes great vintage inspired clothing. I was lucky enough, and I would like to add savvy enough, to check out their website while strolling around the internet looking for Black Friday deals last Thanksgiving. I ended up with tons of loot for super cheap. Everything I got from them in super high quality and great fitting. It is exactly what I had hoped that they would all be. The green dress I had previously bought from Modcloth. Annie at Time Enough For Drums has the same dress is blue.Which I have to say I almost bought in addition to my green one after seeing hers. I have posted a few items from them before but I don’t think that I have ever really mentioned them. You can see everything they have to offer over at their website Tulle4us.com.

 

Well, I think that I have overpowered you enough for now.

Long days and pleasant nights. Bryce!!!

2 comments:

Estefany @ The Helmet Head said...

I love all the outfits! My fav is the second one. The party hat just sold me!

MarySew said...

the green in the second outfit really suits you. i have a thing for green lately :) and the party hat rocks with that outfit xD