Friday, November 12, 2010

Film Friday

I feel completely un-inspired for today’s Film Friday. I assume that it’s all the so-so and downright horrible movies I’ve been watching lately. It is of course my own fault. The Collector? Terrible. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the original series? fine, but just not a film. That has literally been the base of my Netflix cue as of late. Other than that, I’ve watched Jurassic Park, Batman Begins, Trading Places, Because I Said So….. and about 20 others in the last week. None of which have been recommendation worthy.

I decided on something that surprised me in how interesting it was. It’s not so much a film. More a giant music video. A making of.

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Funky Monks   

nor.dv.rpf

I was never a fan of RHCP, nor do I really claim to be now. However, I can say I’m truly inspired by them now that I’ve seen them make a record. They are great musicians. And amazingly professional in the studio. No matter your feelings about a musician or band, it is always a great thing to see them in action. Just to see how they do it. Especially a group as successful as them.

One of my favorite bands, The Mars Volta, featured Flea of The Red Hot Chili Peppers, on their album De-Loused in the Comatorium, and forever changed my way of thinking of the band. I never realized the talent that was involved.

The recording process is as crucial as the writing and performing of a song and album. To see how a band and engineer approach this shows a lot about the band itself.

If you like this band, or really just a fan of music at all. I highly recommend this.

 

 

PS. You can watch the whole thing on Youtube. Not that I recommend that.

Bryce!!!

No comments: