Thursday, October 07, 2010

Opposites Attract

IMG_3462-2

IMG_3464-2

IMG_3467-2

IMG_3469

Outfit Details:

Cardigan- Target

Skirt- Handmade

Tights- Sears

Shoes- Madewell

 

Outfits using colors that didn’t used to “go” together seems to be huge right now. It’s all over the blogosphere and all over the streets. I just finished making this dusty rose/ pink skirt, and I thought, what better a color top to go with it than a maroon/ red. I really do love the these colors together anyways.

I had quite the mishap while hemming this skirt. As you can see in the pictures, it’s not exactly straight. Fortunately, I think that I have enough length at the bottom to give it another go.

IMG_3470-2

IMG_3471-2

I have not had internet for some time, and am just now starting to catch up on all my blog reading. It’s been killing me! I never realize how dependant I am on the internet until I am without it. I’m going back and reading them in sequential order, I’m on about September 28th. Hopefully I can catch up soon.

Now for the real stars of this outfit: My new Madewell Shoes! They were on sale on the website, and I just could not pass them up. I have been dying for these for ages. I know that, like always, I’m a little late on this trend. But I figure that since they are platforms, they should be good for even the slightly wet and cold times. I’m planning on finishing the wood so that it doesn’t get ruined. They are so comfortable and just a perfect fit. Of course, I went against the recommendation of the website, and ordered a size down from my 8 1/2 instead of a size up. They fit like a glove! A very comfortable glove at that. Because of the platform, they aren’t a very steep incline. Which makes them almost as if I’m wearing flats. I’m simply in love.

IMG_3474-2

Long days and pleasant nights. Bryce!!!

No comments: