Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Very Merry Un-birthday to Me

IMG_2551-2

IMG_2546-2

IMG_2550-2

IMG_2548-2

Outfit Details:

Pinafore: handmade

Shirt: secondhand from my cousin

 

This is my version of the H.M.S. Pinafore from Modcloth. I started, and finished!, it the other day. I’m so happy that I could start and finish something in just one day. It was more work than just a simple skirt, so it was exciting to get it done. I’m really proud of it. It’s not as perfect as I imagined in my head, but it’s still great!

I was tempted to style it the same as Erin and Calivintage. But I figured that I have taken enough inspiration from her in the last week, so that’ll have to wait. Instead, I put it with this nude colored top that I got from my cousin a couple years ago. It has some great detailing on the front that you can’t see. But I wanted something that would take as little away from the dress as possible.

I wanted the H.M.S. Pinafore as soon as I saw it. But like everyone else, I was having trouble picturing how to style it. And the fact that it was $117 didn’t help. I figured that I could make something at least similar, to curb my craving for it. And since I added the blue, I knocked down two of my summer wish list items in one.

I do feel a little like Alice in Wonderland. But I can’t say that is a bad thing. I love the hint of blue in it. Although I find myself still wanting something that’s all white. I guess that will just have to be my next project!

Long days and pleasant nights.

Love!! Bryce

No comments: