Friday, June 11, 2010

Are You Kidding Me!?!- Kids with iPods

It’s late, but it’s still Friday! So I’m still on time!

This week, I would like to make a special mention of kids with iPods. However, this argument does not exclude adults. Because I have seen them committing this act of rudeness as well.

Not a day goes by that I don’t see some (usually) kid walking through a store, or down the street, or even at Disneyland, with the headphone of an iPod stuck in their ear. I say iPod, because the headphone is almost always white. But I’m not trying to be biased against other mp3 players. They are always with a friend or parent and are usually engaged in conversation. We are living in a time where it is appropriate to be this rude and separated from your company.

I just don’t understand. Why are the parents allowing their children to act like this? But then again, they are the ones who are buying their 11 year old the iPod touch. Years ago, high school kids didn’t have cell phones. Now, elementary school kids have them, and they know how to use them.

Let me give you a scenario: a 15 year old is walking down the street with a friend. Both silent. Both with one ear bud in. Not only are they not talking with each other, but they are not even hearing all of their music. If you don’t know, music is mixed in stereo. Meaning left and right. By taking out one of your headphones, you are literally losing half of your music. So not only are you losing talking to your friend, but can’t even enjoy your music fully!

I don’t even know what to say on this anymore. It’s upsetting and rude, on a personal level, and on a musical one.

Long days and pleasant nights.

Love!! Bryce

No comments: